Thursday, May 17, 2012

Minimalist Running: Shameless Self-Advertising

I must admit that I meant RetroBeliever to be a blog that discusses old videogames and other nostalgic items from a Christian perspective. However, I'd like to briefly discuss running, specifically minimalist running. Minimalist running is basically running with minimal cushioning and road protection. The most extreme form of minimalist running is barefoot running, which is done WITHOUT any kind of footcovering. Outside of that, you have running with sandals, Vibram FiveFingers, and shoes with close to a zero-millimeter drop from heel to toe and little cushioning.

In this blog entry, I am simply compiling links to articles and reviews I have written about minimalist running. Here they are:

My review of the Vibram FiveFingers Sprint:
Being Barefoot Without Being Barefoot

My review of the Vibram FiveFingers Bikila:
Being Less Barefoot When Near-Barefoot Running

My review of the Vibram FiveFingers Speed:
The Best FiveFingers I've Worn

My review of the Garmin FR60 Running Watch:
A Fine Watch for the Semi-Serious Runner

Articles about Minimalist Running:
(Near) Barefoot Running, part 2: More Tips, Tricks, and Mythbusting

Please check out these articles and feel free to comment regarding your thoughts about barefoot and minimalist running. Also, for your benefit, here is a video published by Terra Plana about how to run with the most optimal barefoot/minimalist gait:




No comments:

Post a Comment