Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vibram FiveFingers Bikila Review: Not So Retro

As probably 10 or so people in the world know, I write reviews and articles for Epinions and blog posts for RetroBeliever. I sometimes link my blog posts to those articles because they either expand on a topic I discuss on this blog or review a product related to anything anachronistic and retro. Anyway, I wrote recently about a pair of Vibram FiveFingers Bikilas I purchased two weeks ago, which are pictured to the left of this post. Because Epinions reviews do not often appear in Google searches, I am linking to it for your (and my) benefit:


You might be thinking, "What's so retro about these shoes? They look rather modern!" Well, what's more retro than running without traditional shoes? To summarize the review, the Bikila model is an excellent entry in the Vibram FiveFingers line that is geared toward the middle- to long-distance runner. It doesn't preserve the road feel of previous Vibram offerings, but the Bikila model does provide some of the major benefits of near-barefoot running, like addressing heel striking. More importantly, these "shoes" take us back to a running form that has largely been forgotten - barefoot running.

No comments:

Post a Comment